At present, Webroot has earned a name in the antivirus world. It is providing the perfect and active antivirus service for the users to secure their device from many cyber threats. Webroot is a famous and remarkable security service provider on the globe. There is no doubt that it’s providing services which give the best response.
It’s a rare sight to see that antivirus software is flagging on the legitimate websites as phishing websites and authorized files as malware, as same has been done by Webroot Antivirus. This antivirus software is providing real-time protection for various devices for users and provides the safety for Mass. It has mistakenly started marking Windows system files as malware, triggering a widespread outrage around the world. Besides this, it flagged Facebook as a Phishing site.
At present, Webroot antivirus flags Windows as malware:
This problem first appeared when malware signature update issued last night, and essentially prompted the software into thinking that Windows system files were indeed supporting a malware and then try to remove them or attempt to clean them all. At present, millions of computer systems around the globe have crashed as system files are required by the system to start the Operating System.
The antivirus verified the Windows operating system files as W32.Trojan.Gen wrongly. It is identified in a correct form of malware. It is resulting in cleaning up of Windows files and libraries immediately. It is making them unavailable by the Operating System.
Webroot has got the problem. So finally, the company has decided to recommend solutions for the devices which are the running among Home and Business edition of the software. They have mentioned some steps to stop Webroot from re-detecting the files or folder which are the given below. Please read all these steps carefully.
Login into the Webroot console on webroot official’s website.
● Then click on the “Group Management” tab and then choose the Agent Commands > Files and Processes > Reverify All Files and Processes.
● Move to the “Endpoint protection” section and click on the “Status” tab.
● Click on the red text “View” under “Blocked Programs” option.
● After that, you will get all files which are the foundation by Webroot for the endpoint, to get any files that have the malware group “Uncategorized File” or “Whitelisted File” click on the checkbox next to the file, click on the “Create Override” that are followed by “Restore from quarantine”.
● After generating the overrides and restoring the wrong positive detections, click on the “Group Management” tab.
● After that select the Agent Commands > Files and Processes > Reverify All Files and Processes that are followed by the scan command.
● Click on the “Group Management” tab; choose all of the endpoints with this detection. Click on the Agent Commands > Agent > Scan.
● As per Webroot information, depending on user poll interval set for the endpoint, this process will take to 24 hours to show any effect.
Windows has reported many times this problem, therefore it not the first time this issue has come up. Some time ago, this same issue was faced with Avast Antivirus program when Microsoft launched its Anniversary Update. The Antivirus has not allowed the Windows update from installing thus causing the system to reboot multiple times and cancel the update, altogether.
To know about any issue, you can connect with Webroot Customer Support by dialing Webroot toll-free number. Webroot certified technician will give a right suggestion for your all information.