Nowadays, there is a variety of amazing web browsers to choose from. All the web browsers can be installed for free. Amongst the various internet browsers available at present, Google Chrome is extremely popular amongst people. If you have installed Windows 10, then the default web browser is Microsoft Edge. You can easily change the default web browser to Google Chrome. Read on to find out the process of setting the default web browser to Chrome.
- Look up Google Chrome in a search engine and download it.
- Run and install the Chrome setup file.
- Go to Start and click on the gear icon- Settings.
- After that, click on System. IT will be the first option in the window.
- From the list, click on Default apps.
- Beneath Web Browser, click on the + Choose a default button.
- From the list of all the currently installed internet browsers, click on Google Chrome.
- If there is a problem regarding the saving of changes, or Google Chrome not showing on the list of apps. Then you need to go to Control Panel and set Chrome as the default browser.
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- First, you need to download the Chrome exe file and install it on your computer.
- Use any existing web browser to download and install Chrome.
- Go to the Start menu. Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Default Programs options. You may need to first go to Programs and then click on Default Programs.
- In the Default Programs window, click on Set your default programs.
- Wait for the apps to appear.
- Browse the list of apps and locate Google Chrome. Click on it.
- Click on the former option which is: Set this program as default.
- Download Google Chrome setup from the internet.
- Go to the default downloads folder and click on install.
- When the program is installed, you need to go to the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on the first option: General.
- After that, choose Google Chrome next to Default web browser.